Growth Mindset.. Sharing with my niece

This weekend, I was able to spend some time with my niece. She is 15 years old and is incredibly smart. There are time that I have noticed where she is overwhelmed with school and she mentions to me about she has too much going on and juggling can be difficult. I started to realize that she is somewhat a mini version of me. 
I started giving her advice and I told her that she needed to push through because hard work always pays off. Of course she decided to challenge me and I began to explain to her that when someone faces difficulty they must work hard because once you overcome that you can see the growth that came from the situation. I told her that at all times she has to face situations with a growth mentality. If she cannot see her way around something then she can push herself to go straight through.

Many times we stop our own growth because we deem something is too hard, or we get scared because we do not know what is on the other side. If we approach everything with a growth mindset and see it as a benefit and not a hindrance than we can accomplish so much more. 

Surprisingly, she knew what I was talking to her about and she looked at me and said, "did you just give me a speech about the growth mindset concept?"


One of my favorite quotes. [source]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Busy College Student

Week 9 Story: King Shantanu and Present Day