Week 8 Reading and Writing

Starting this class I was not sure the link between reading and reading notes then to creating a story. I was under the impression that each story was to be original and my first story was somewhat irrelevant so that threw off the rest of my portfolio. I was able to adjust the layout and design of my blog so I am happy with that aspect of it now. Initially, my project site was mixed up but I was able to go back this week and fix it so I am happy with it now. It makes more sense.

I am somewhat dissatisfied with my stories because I know they could be better but it is hard for me to make the stories come out of the other stories and still have them be interesting. The biggest accomplishment in writing for this class has probably been the blog post. For the most part I am a terrible writer and that has been tough for me. I am typically more of a math and science person so blogging in this class has been my accomplishment.

My favorite reading in this class was the Mahabharata. I was able to be engaged with the reading and it made sense to me. It was interesting to follow along. Some of my notes are helping but I feel like I need to find better note taking strategies.

The image above is an image I used for my Part A of my reading notes for the Mahabharata.

Looking forward I believe that I need to find ways to make the stories more interesting to me so 
that I stay fully engaged when reading them. I also need to find a way to make mat notes more relevant so that when I go back and create a story, I do not have trouble creating my story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Busy College Student

Week 9 Story: King Shantanu and Present Day